Wednesday 3 October 2012

My Muse is a whimsical lass

The car turns around the bend
I throw my head back
To catch a glimpse of her by the window

We have an intense resemblance,
I know we do,
She is me 

From long ago,
From a forgotten era
From another world

I dare not bring her along to work
She is awfully naughty, you see
Peddling dreams, spouting poetry,

And what a boisterous laugh she has
I’m afraid she’ll ruffle some feathers here
And leave me to do all the explaining
(And oh! I am so terrible at that)

And so I leave her at home
I bet she is not pleased with that
But she is a naughty one I know

For when I return
I can see her eyes are brimming
With her adventures of the day

But the stories are not to be told, she says,
You have not the heart to listen,
And I have my secrets to keep

0 comments:

Post a Comment