Tuesday 1 January 2013

A New Year's Wish

      As far as I can remember, I have always had new year resolutions. Promises I'd make to myself only to forget all about them a few days into the new year. 
      But I have never had a new year wish, not really. It never struck me I could look up at a star and wish for something precious this year. 
      There are three things I badly want for this year. One is to do with my writings. The second is to do with the big move. The third is to do with the health of a family member. Not necessarily in that order, each one is just as crucial as the other two. 
      But above all, this year I only wish to be able to adapt to circumstances better without straying away too much from my dreams. That is all I ask for this year. 2012 taught me the importance of hard work, of the honest-to-goodness type. I only ask for the ability to keep at it this year, with a little more wisdom and a lot more faith. So when I look back, I will have the contentment of knowing that not a day was wasted, not an opportunity was lost, not a good deed was left undone, not a joy was forgotten, and that there was never a moment without love. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment